‘Talking Oxfordshire’ an opportunity to have your say about changes in public services
‘Talking Oxfordshire’ is a series of public events and online consultations where by residents can have their say about service changes and ways to spend money.
As part of the Government’s programme to reduce public spending, the County Council has seen significant reductions in it’s funding. The County Council has to find another £60m worth of savings over the next four years before setting its budge in February 2014.
Five public meetings will be held across the county during mid-October with leading councillirs and officers to explain the Council’s financial position, answer questions and hear the views of residents.
When are the meetings?
- Monday 14 October: Banbury, Town Hall
- Tuesday 15 October: Oxford, County Hall
- Monday 21 October: Wantage, Civic Hall
- Wednesday 23 October: Didcot, Cornerstone Arts
- Thursday 24 October: Witney, Henry Box School
All meetings will run 7:30pm to 9:00pm.